Prepare for Hurricane Season by Reviewing These Materials
Sunday marks the beginning of hurricane season, which runs from June 1 through November 30. Be prepared! Download and read these materials today:
- Jewelers Mutual's Hurricane Preparedness Guide,
- a guide to building a business-continuity plan,
- a business-continuity planning checklist/template, and
- an emergency planning checklist.
When a hurricane is imminent, many questions swirl in the mind of a jewelry business owner.
Should I evacuate or stay put? Should I stay open or close shop? How do I secure inventory, the business premises, and business assets? Which, if any, data and documents should I back up? What can I do to ensure my employees' and my own personal safety? What steps should I take if my business incurs damage or a loss?
Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company provides the important resources listed above to help you develop sound responses to these and many more questions that a looming threat can raise. The tools, tips and checklists in these guides will help you better prepare your jewelry business for, and react to, any crisis precipitated by hurricanes.
Be proactive! The Hurricane Preparedness Guide can help you:
- establish a business continuity plan,
- prepare before the storm,
- act after the storm, and
- choose a contractor (if damage has occurred).
Please take a moment to review the materials listed above and prepare. You just might discover advice that could save your business.