Best Way to Travel With Jewelry Worry-Free
With spring break travel, jewelry loss or damage can happen easier than you think.
A recent survey of 600 U.S. married women conducted by Jewelers Mutual found that over one-quarter of the people had lost of a piece of jewelry while vacationing. What a quick way to ruin your anxiously awaited getaway!
We understand that your jewelry is a part of you and you don’t want to leave it behind. Here is a guide to the best way to travel with jewelry.
- Properly protect ALL the jewelry you’re packing. Maybe your wedding ring is already insured with Jewelers Mutual (smart thinking!), but what about the watch, diamond earrings or string of pearls you absolutely have to bring with you? Our repair and replacement coverage protects your jewelry regardless of whether it becomes lost, stolen, damaged or mysteriously disappears. Plus, your coverage travels with you, worldwide.
- Helpful hint: The best option next to wearing your jewelry is to keep it in the room safe, not your luggage.
- Get an updated appraisal. Before you leave, visit your jeweler and have your values reassessed and then adjust your coverage accordingly. You’ll feel confident knowing your jewelry is insured for its full value.
- Insure your travel treasures. You can add jewelry to your existing policy when you find that must-have vacation keepsake.*
- Leave your jewelry in good hands: Your vacation is a great time to leave your fine jewelry with your jeweler for a professional cleaning, inspection and re-evaluation. Your jewelry will be safe and sparkling like new when you return.
- Have a worry-free trip with the peace-of-mind of Jewelers Mutual!
*Adding jewelry to your policy requires a copy of a recent detailed receipt, appraisal, or evaluation with a current value for the item(s) you would like to add to your policy.
Have you ever lost a piece of jewelry while traveling? Share your story in the comment box below.