Stylish Gifts for Mother's Day
According to the National Retail Federation’s annual survey, total Mother’s Day spending is predicted to be $16.3 billion with jewelry purchases expected to reach $3 billion.
You can rarely go wrong with a piece of jewelry. And it doesn’t need to be expensive.
A string of elbow macaroni will likely bring as many tears to the eyes as a string of pearls. (However, the tears hold much different meaning if your kids are age 5 or 35.)
Of course, it’s the thought that counts and Moms are likely to wear whatever you give them (at least when you’re around). That being said, if this is the one time all year that you show your mom some extra love, then why not do it up in style.
If you have your mind made up on jewelry, this is your chance to turn Mom into a “stylista.”
Thread Star Style and Celebrity Trends suggests the following stylish gifts for Mother's Day as the top jewelry trends of the moment. It may be just the style makeover your mom would appreciate.
- Oversized bangles. Stack them up on both arms and mix and match metals.
- Long pendant necklaces. Think bold and graphic, not bohemian and layered. One chain, one pendant.
- Shoulder-dusting earrings. Wear them with a pulled-back hair style and clean, simple necklines to make a statement.
- Animal rings. They’re all the rage from wide-eyed owls to pudgy, pink pigs and everything in between. Pick your mom’s favorite.
- Heritage watches. Oversized gold and silver versions give a nice masculine edge to a feminine look.