Updated May 2022
Information We Collect or Acquire
Depending upon the relationship you may choose to have with us, we will collect an appropriate level of information about you. The information we may gather and collect falls into three general categories: contact, personal, and financial.
Information that You Provide to Us or that We Acquire
You may provide us information about yourself when you buy a product from us, use and navigate our website or other applications, send us an application or claim form, enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, visit our booth at trade shows and other events, participate in our sponsored webcasts, apply for employment with us, or communicate with us. If your insurance policy was obtained through a third party (such as an insurance agent), information may be provided to us by that third party on your behalf.
During the quoting, application, claims handling, or hiring processes we may collect such personal information as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and date of birth. We may also collect information about your transactions and experiences with us and others, such as your payment information, criminal background, claims history, coverage and policy changes. We may also receive information about you from consumer reporting agencies, which provide us with your claims history and/or credit information where permitted by law.
Information from Our Affiliates
We may obtain information about your transactions with our subsidiaries and affiliates in accordance with applicable law.
Information from Third Parties
We may obtain some information about you from non-affiliated third parties. These third-party sources vary over time, but may include:
- Consumer reporting agencies;
- Service providers;
- Publicly-available sources such as government databases, media coverage, or other data sources that are available to the public;
- Insurance agents and brokers;
- Insurance companies;
- Social media;
- Employment agencies; and
- Other third parties whom you have authorized to provide us information or as otherwise permitted by law.
Information Collected Automatically
As you use our services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your device or computer, browsing actions, and patterns, such as:
- Information about your computer or device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data; the resources that you access and use on the website; and information about what site you came from.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our services and to deliver better and more personalized services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our services according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our services.
The technologies we use for the automatic data collection may include:
- IP Addresses. If you submit an electronic application with us, for verification means we will gather your IP address, along with the time and date when the application is submitted. This information is linked to the personal information you provide as part of the application process.
- Web Beacons. Our website pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access personal information and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the website.
- Cookies. When you use a web browser to access our website, small text files called cookies are created to track your site use, including where you left off, login information, personal preferences, and other customized functions. Session cookies are temporarily created while you view our site and are deleted when you leave. Persistent cookies remain in your browser’s subfolder and are activated each time you return to the website during the lifetime of the cookie. Our website uses these cookies for the following reasons:
- Administer and allow personalization of the website;
- Quote and administer a policy or other requests;
- Obtain website analytics; and
- Retarget or advertise to you on third-party sites. We do not provide your information to these sites to use for their own purposes, or for the benefit of any other party.
Your web browser can be set to notify you of a cookie and allow you to accept it. If you disable your browser from accepting cookies, this may limit your website experience.
Uses Made of Your Information
Generally, we use your personal information to provide you with the products and services that you request, offer you other products and services that we think might interest you, and improve your overall experience with us. We may also use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you about your application, account, business relationship, products, or services;
- Provide information to you about changes to our products;
- Let you know about new features, products, or services that may be available to you;
- Underwrite or rate insurance policies;
- Process, investigate, adjust, and administer your claims;
- Manage, investigate, or resolve disputes or complaints;
- Bill you, process payments, and collect on amounts that you may owe us;
- Confirm your identity;
- Determine your eligibility for our products and services or for employment with us;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Market other products and services to you, including those that we or our subsidiaries or affiliates offer;
- Market our products and services to those who may have similar characteristics to you;
- improve our products, services, website, and operations;
- Facilitate social media sharing and communications;
- Conduct audits, data analysis and research;
- Permit you to enter certain contests, sweepstakes, and similar promotions (which may have additional terms and conditions that describe other uses of your personal information) where permitted;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may be fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of our policies;
- Comply with our internal policies and procedures, as well as the laws, rules, and regulations that apply to our business;
- Respond to requests for information from governmental authorities;
- Establish or defend our legal rights and responsibilities, or those of our affiliates, business partners, vendors, customers, or others; and
- Perform other activities as permitted by applicable law.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell your personal information to any third parties for any purpose. We train our employees to safeguard your personal information and access to all personal information is restricted to only those employees who need the information to perform their official duties. We may, however, disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to hold the information in confidence and not use such information for any other purpose.
- Your agent or broker, if applicable.
- Among our group of companies to offer you additional products and services.
- Our reinsurers.
- Consumer reporting agencies as permitted by law.
- Insurance support organizations that investigate, detect and prevent fraud.
- State insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities.
- Those we are required to share with under a subpoena, search warrant, court or administrative order, or other legal process.
- We reserve the right to transfer your information we have about you in the event we reorganize all or a portion of our business or assets.
Security of Your Information
We use physical, technical and administrative safeguards in protecting your personal information in compliance with state and federal law. Sensitive information that is transmitted to us online is encrypted while it is being transmitted.
Aggregated or De-identified Data
Choices about Your Information
Based on the law applicable to the use of your personal information, you may be able to exercise certain rights in relation to your personal information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us, and will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights. However, please note that in many cases, your rights are not absolute, and we may not be required to comply with your request.
Right to opt-out
If you do not want to have your information used by us to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe within the email or by contacting us asking to be omitted from future email distributions, and we will honor that request.
Right to correction
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and complete. However, if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request for it to be corrected or updated by contacting us.
Right to access
You may be entitled to a copy of your personal information we hold about you and to learn details about how we use it. Your information will usually be provided to you digitally via encrypted email or via mail.
Right to deletion
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to ask us to delete your personal information. For example, where your personal information that we collected is no longer necessary for the original purpose or where your personal information has become obsolete. However, we will need to balance this against other factors. For example, we may not be able to comply with your request due to certain legal or regulatory obligations.
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by emailing us at [email protected] or calling us at 877-238-5595. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. You must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information. We can’t respond to your request if we can’t verify your identity or authority to make the request. We will use reasonable measures to verify the identity of the requestor before processing a request. We will respond to your request within 45 days. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will notify you of the reason and the extension period in writing.
We will maintain an audit history of any requests to access or delete personal information to maintain a record of compliance with regulatory requirements.
This website is operated by Jewelers Mutual Group, 24 Jewelers Park Dr., Neenah, Wisconsin 54956. You may provide feedback, comments, requests for technical support, other communications, and obtain other contact information by visiting Contact Us.
Questions or Comments
Jewelers Mutual Group
Attn: Privacy Officer
24 Jewelers Park Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Email: [email protected]