Jewelers Mutual Group Launches Transformational Zing™ Platform
Digital platform revolutionizes traditional jeweler business practices
Jewelers Mutual Group launched the Zing™ platform, created to drive the jewelry industry into the future. The Zing platform empowers jewelers, manufacturers, wholesalers, and others to conduct business digitally. It simplifies processes and offers free access to everyone.
“The launch of the Zing platform is a testament to the continued investment Jewelers Mutual makes in technology and innovation for jewelers, and, more importantly, our commitment to raising the tide of the jewelry industry,” said Scott Murphy, Jewelers Mutual president and CEO. “Given the challenging times our industry has faced recently, there’s never been a better time for us to bring a meaningful solution to the marketplace. The Zing platform empowers jewelers to make faster, smarter business decisions, helps them create a seamless customer experience, and provides product selection not historically available to everyone.”
Featured Zing platform products and services include:
- The Diamond Marketplace, leveraging the International Diamond Exchange’s (IDEX) sourcing and pricing services. IDEX’s Guaranteed Diamond TransactionsTM service allows suppliers to share their inventory so that all US jewelers have transparent access to it around the globe
- A cloud-based jewelry appraisal solution, powered by Gemworld, accessible from any device to generate a professional appraisal in minutes.
- JM Shipping Solution™ tool, providing fast, secure and money-saving shipping options designed specifically for the jewelry industry
- JM Care Plan™ products, our revenue-generating plans that allow jewelers to provide damage coverage beyond a typical manufacturer’s warranty to keep customers’ jewelry and watches in like-new condition
- Consumer Insurance Claims tool, enabling jewelers to expedite filing and managing insurance claims, allowing customers to replace their treasured pieces faster
To develop this digital platform, Jewelers Mutual partnered with industry leaders such as IDEX and Gemworld, and established a Dallas technology hub. Teams of usability experts and developers worked directly with jewelers to learn about their needs, and conceptualized, designed, and thoroughly tested the platform.
“We’re continually innovating and further enhancing the platform. The continuous driver behind the development of the Zing platform is Jewelers Mutual’s desire to advance the jewelry industry,” said Adam Gerety, Jewelers Mutual vice president of platform operations.
Jewelers Mutual will continue to expand the tools and capabilities of the Zing platform, allowing jewelers access to leading jewelry and technology providers to help drive the growth of their businesses. To learn more about the Zing platform, visit jewelersmutual.com/zing.
About Jewelers Mutual Group
Jewelers Mutual Group was founded in 1913 by a group of Wisconsin jewelers to meet their unique insurance needs. Today, Jewelers Mutual offers products and services nationwide and throughout Canada that enable jewelry businesses to run safe, secure, and successful operations. Consumers also put their trust in Jewelers Mutual to protect their personal jewelry and the special moments it represents. The group's strong financial position is reflected in its 34 consecutive ratings of "A+ Superior" from A.M. Best Company.