Tips to Keep Jewelry Sparkling After Summer
No doubt you’ve been taking special care of your jewelry during the summer months – from keeping bling out of the pool, to sunbathing sans sparklers.
Even still, summer can do a number to your fine jewelry. We have some tips to put some TLC in to keep jewelry sparkling.
- Wipe down your frequently worn items with a clean, soft, slightly damp cloth to bring back your jewelry’s luster. For those more frequently worn items, visit your jeweler for a professional cleaning. This will ensure that your seasonal jewelry is clean before storage.
- Store your jewelry in a clean, dry place.
- Keep your jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case, or in a box with compartments and dividers to prevent pieces from scratching each other.
- Take your jewelry to a reputable jeweler and have it inspected for loose stones, broken or worn prongs, weak clasps and other potential damages that may not be visible to the naked eye.
- Bring your last insurance evaluation or appraisal and your jeweler can review the values. You’ll have peace of mind knowing your jewelry is properly valued (don’t forget to tell us if your values have changed so we can adjust your coverage).
Routine inspections and cleanings are a must
Tell your local jeweler that Jewelers Mutual sent you and thank them for their exceptional service to assure your jewelry is in good condition. You’ll leave with jewelry that sparkles like new.